Nōwn POS is the all-in-one customer recognition retail solution. We put the focus on the person behind the purchase. We’re out to prove that traditional loyalty programs don’t work and scalable, authentic connections between a business and their customers is the only path to success. We’re taking over the retail & quick serve markets and we want your help to do it.
About the Role
If you love digging into the root causes of problems, finding patterns and are looking for a dynamic, forward-looking work environment then this is the role for you. You will be responsible for supporting the work of Engineers in developing and delivering data driven products, tools, and workflows.
- Expertly leverage data and visualization tools including SQL, Excel, and Tableau, among others, to present actionable insights
- Lead independent analytical research projects
- Interpret and define the data needs of business teams
- Build visualizations of data using dashboarding, visualization, and other reporting tools
- Provide analytical and data-driven decision-making support for key projects
- Balance quantitative data analysis with qualitative user insights to uncover how our users interact with our products
- Empower our largest enterprise customers to leverage data with as-needed database requests
Our dream candidate has...
- Sound understanding of relational databases (SQL Server, Amazon Redshif, NoSQL etc.)
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, including tool sets for supporting this
- Great communication skills with the equal ability to work with developers as well as translating to non-technical business stakeholders with ease
- Has the ability to build and manage databases
- Enjoys solving problems and seeks to understand the story behind the numbers
- Experience with E-Commerce, Retail and Business Analytics would be an asset
- Can turn an abstract question into a series of SQL queries, and can turn data into a story
- Nice to have: experience working in a customer-facing environment
- We have a small team and we LOVE working with each other. We want someone who wants to fit and grow with our culture.
- This includes working hard, not being afraid of trying anything, helping each other out when needed, and being POSITIVE. Positive energy is big here!
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Here's what we provide
- An office conveniently located downtown
- Snacks and COFFEE
- The opportunity to work with a team of amazing people in an entrepreneurial, forward thinking environment
- A dog friendly office
- Incredible social events
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume.