Our last post under “Your Phone Is A Sensor” discussed how mobile is improving the airport experience.
This time, we imagine how our mobile phones can simplify the daily transit and remove these pain points commuters face:
- Long waits to purchase transit cards, tickets or tokens
- Dealing with broken or malfunctioning machines
- The need to carry around a transit card or other payment method at all times
- Frustrating line-ups to pass through the entry points
With your phone as a sensor, you could:
- Pay for your ride with your phone, without ever pulling it out of your pocket (possible with Bluetooth technology)
- Avoid lines to pay and enter the transit system
- Stop dealing with broken machines
- Simply walk onto the train or bus, without any interruptions
Now, what commuter wouldn’t want a smooth experience like that?